This academy is founded in 2018 September in Germany by a Japanese female entrepreneur in collaboration with a few experienced Japanese chefs. All of the team is located in Europe and very passionate about offering the best-in-class education of Japanese cuisine for international chefs and food enthusiasts.
Kazumi Wickenkamp -Founder
- Studied business in Singapore and France (MBA)
- Worked at international companies for 10 years for business development and product management, covering the market of Japan, Europe, Middle East and Africa
- Extremely passionate about food
Hideyuki Takahashi -Curriculum supervisor, Chief Chef mentor
- 15 years at “Tokyo KITCHO” (KITCHO is a most-renowned Kaiseki, traditional Japanese cuisine, restaurant group in Japan with three Michelin stars)
- Sushi chef at “Shinji by KANESAKA” in Singapore (KANESAKA is a one-Michelin star sushi restaurant)
- Former popular instructor at “Tokyo Sushi Academy” for 4 years
- Yakitori chef (Japanese skewed BBQ, Tokyo)
- Kitchen management (Hong Kong)
Fumino Takahashi -Curriculum development
- Worked at several Japanese restaurants in Tokyo
- Trained sushi & fish skill at Tokyo Sushi Academy & world-famous Tsukiji Fish Market
- Japanese fermented food (soy sauce, miso) specialist
Kaoru Iriyama -Chef mentor, Programme adviser
- Trained at the culinary academy of Koyama Hirohisa, a grand master of Japanese cuisine.
- Also worked in his renowned restaurant "Aoyagi“ in Tokyo.
- Sharing her knowledge of Japanese cuisine and philosophy in Berlin and Germany as a professional cooking instructor.
- Consultant for Japanese restaurants in Germany for the refined cooking methods of Japan and the fascinating background of Japanese culinary culture.
- Very experienced in TV cooking shows in Germany
(Read more about yourself: https://www.kaoru-iriyama.com/)
Anonymous chef -Curriculum supervisor, Chief Chef mentor
- 10+ years at “Tokyo KITCHO”, a most-renowned Kaiseki (traditional Japanese cuisine) restaurant
- Several years of experience working at other top Japanese restaurants in Tokyo
- Former head chef at Japanese embassy
Hiroo Chikaraishi -External adviser
- Hospitality consultant & expert
- CEO at Thomas and Chikaraishi, Inc
- President of 'Soul of Japan Foundation' which 70+ of Japanese & international enterprises are member of.
Other members' info will be added soon!
Where you can find us: